Health and Safety Advisor
Our client is a global facilities management company that works in partnership with some of the worlds leading automotive and rail brands.
They are looking for a Health and Safety expert to support their HSQE Manager with the implementation and maintenance of the company's Health and Safety policies, procedures and processes.
This will involve UK wide travelling and the flexibility to work nights when required as a number of the sites to be covered operate 24/7
The successful candidate will receive the following benefits:
- Salary £28,.000-£29.000
- Car allowance £4.047
- Pension 7.5%
- Holiday 25 + bank hols
- Personal Health Ins
- Life assurance 4x
- Fuel card, laptop and phone
- Fully understand the companies and the customer’s HSQE program, including Accident and near miss reporting and safety audits. Carry out the required behavioural safety audits, attend company site safety meetings.
- Ensure timely HSQE updates are provided to the HSQE manager on HSQE performance using appropriate tracking and data systems.
- Set up audit schedules
- Monitor audit activities - reporting on and creating action plans
- Conduct internal audits
- Create audit reports and action plans and follow up on all action plans.
- Support and maintain documents and procedures within the Business manual
- Assist HSQE manager in the review/update/implementation of procedures/policies/processes
- Support the implementation and maintenance of the company’s management system certifications (ISO standards, etc.)
- Support the HSQE manager with the company's reporting and other applicable requirements
- Risk Assessment and Safe Working Methods
- Support sites in the maintenance of suitable and sufficient risk assessments and safe working methods - create reports and action plans, follow up on all action plans
- Accident/Incident reporting ensuring accurate and timely incident notification to the HSQE Manager
- Collation of data for reporting purposes, review of accident/incident investigations
- Supporting sites with investigations as required.
- Support the company's Supervisory Staff and Line Management in tracking and resolution of non-compliance at customer sites
- Assist the business with the provision of in-house training for the following areas - Toolbox talks, manual handling training, risk assessment training. Any other safety training as required/identified
- NEBOSH National General Certificate or above
- Working knowledge of country HSE Legislation
- Previous supervisory knowledge
- Health and Safety process and guidelines (Safety systems support)
- OSHAS 18001 Quality systems - (ISO-9001)
- Environmental systems (ISO 14001)
- Excellent PC skills. Microsoft office Word, Excel and Power point. Outlook. Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Leading others by example
- Full, clean driving licence and own transport
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Available to work night and day shifts, as required