Job Title: Employment Solicitor
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Job ref: AR / J19210
Top UK Law Firm, with offices throughout the UK, would like to recruit an Employment Solicitor to join their growing team in Birmingham. The Employment team provides a service based on extensive experience in the full range of employment work, including litigation, advisory, transactional and training. They act for a diverse range of private and public sector clients, ranging from large national companies and small and medium enterprises.
The successful candidate will form part of the Employment team, managing their own caseload of contentious and non-contentious work and providing advice to clients on all aspects of employment law including discrimination law, TUPE and Equal Pay.
- Manage own caseload of contentious cases including advocacy in the employment tribunal
- Provide advice to clients on all aspects of employment law both in person and on a telephone advice line
- Provide advice and training to colleagues
- Seek out new or prospective clients and new commercial opportunities
- Achieve set financial and chargeable targets
- Complete client MI procedures as and when required
- Adhere to Lexcel and organisation processes and procedures
This job spec is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to carry out other duties that fall within the remit of the role
The person specification
- Qualified as a solicitor, ideally 2-4 PQE
- Excellent knowledge of employment law
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets
- Extensive experience of working effectively with others in a similar work setting
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail, please contact Adrian Richards at Cavendish Maine.