Principal Property Surveyor
This temporary/interim post is essential in helping achieve the 'One Public Estate’ programme and wider property priorities of Dudley MBC. The role would focus on the delivery of the Asset Disposal Programme and in meeting wider saving and income generation targets of the team generally . The placement would initially be for 6 months, with a possible extension up to 12 months following review.
• To assist in the preparation of land and property valuations for sales, purchases, leases, wayleaves and easements, asset valuation and insurance purposes.
• To assist in the negotiation of sales, purchases, leases including renewals and rent reviews, wayleaves and easements.
• To provide strategic property advice and support to senior officers within the council to enable the efficient and effective management of the portfolio.
• To prepare sales and letting particulars as necessary, and assist in designing and implementing appropriate marketing campaigns.
• To assist in the collection and analysis of evidence of property transactions.
• Attending meetings of committees, sub-committees, working parties and working groups as necessary, drafting and presenting reports to these and other groups.
• Contributing as appropriate to the development and implementation of corporate and/or directorate initiatives or policies.
• Undertaking negotiations with partners and external organisations.
• Contributing as appropriate to service transformation & improvement activities
• Conducting such other work as may be assigned to him/her by the Strategic Director or Chief Officer from time to time.
Corporate membership of the RICS in the relevant faculties
Sufficient Post qualification experience of working in a professional property environment in similar or related areas.
Computer literate and willing to learn new systems as necessary.