Systems Engineer/ Project Manager
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to work in the Programme Management team on a nuclear licenced site based in Raynesway, Derby.
Essential requirements to include having extensive work experience and knowledge of Project Life Cycle Management, Engineering & Management, Design Assurance and Validation & Verification Engineering.
• Have good experience in management including resolution of conflicts in requirements.
• Setting up high-level direction to develop innovative solutions to efficiently manage and utilise DOORS.
• Change Control Management for the requirements given.
• Leading and conducting Verification & Validation of Requirements (design V&V and construction V&V).
• Stakeholder Interface Management.
• Be the champion within the Requirements Engineering team, ensuring the Process Owners are supported in delivering their works in accordance with the relevant requirements. This will include running workshops to disseminate current best practice.
• Lead the Requirements management and V&V activities within MF2B and provide technical direction and support to the programme engineering team in compliance and assurance matters on the projects and lead the implementation of best practices across the team, including active collaboration with Next Generation.
• Be acting as a mentor and a role model for the team of Requirements Engineers.
• Status reporting to the Project & Programme Executive.
• Able to make good decision based on limited information.
• Team leadership responsibilities, including the planning and prioritisation of the requirements Engineers work.
• Educated to a Degree level in preferably an engineering discipline.
• Track record experience in Requirements Management tools and applications.
• Track record experience in using and managing DOORS in complex multidisciplinary projects (preferably manufactuing projects).
• Experience in managing change control in complex multidisciplinary projects (preferably manufacturing projects).
• Experience in developing solutions, plans, tools and application for design and construction V&V.
• Minimum of 10 years experience acting in a senior position on a suitable portfolio of projects to support the above capability.
• A thorough understanding of compliance and assurance principals as applied to delivering change to manufacturing systems /sub-systems.
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with senior management - skills to deliver engaging presentations to a diverse audience.