Live in Carer
Live in Healthcare needed for clients nationwide
Are you currently a Live in Carer looking for a flexible and rewarding career with a difference? You may already work in the Health and Social Care Industry and would like a change. Could Active Assistance be the company for you?
What are we looking for?
Enthusiastic, conscientious, reliable and flexible Live in Carer to work with our clients nationwide, supporting them to live an independent life.
In order to be successful for the role, applicants will need to be happy to assist our clients with all aspects of daily living such as: shopping, cooking, domestic duties as well as personal care requirements. Every client is individual and therefore you must be willing to adapt to different lifestyles to ensure that the client you are working with can live an independent life.
Working as a Live in Carer can be a great lifestyle choice where you can choose to work and then travel in-between your assignments. Typically you will work between 1-3 weeks with a client and then take a break.
This is a great opportunity to develop a career in Health and Social care. Alternatively you may be looking for a short term role or a flexible position during a gap year. Although previous experience would be beneficial it is not essential as our clients value Live in Healthcare Assistant who show enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.
In addition to Live in Carers, we welcome Nurses, Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists. This would enable you to gain some practical and invaluable experience working in a community setting.
Who are we?
We support physically disabled adults with spinal cord injuries and neurological conditions to live independently in their own home.
Benefits of working as a Live in Healthcare Assistant
- Earning potential of up to £28,200 per annum (based on working 21 days every 4 weeks)
- Accrued holiday pay plus pension scheme and enhanced pay for Bank Holidays
- Refer a friend scheme for employees -£400
- Free five day award winning training course in Leicester with accommodation provided
- Paid travel to and from assignment within England and Wales
- Prospects to progress your career within the company
- Flexible working patterns to suit you, ranging from one to three weeks
- Food and accommodation provided whilst on assignment
- Regular breaks which enable you to gain a good work- life balance
- Ongoing support from Head Office and Regional Teams
- We welcome working holiday visas that give you the opportunity to work and travel
Essential requirements of a Live in Carer
- Valid full driving licence and competent driving skills (NB You do not need to own a car to carry out this care work).
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, which includes being able to actively listen to and follow instructions from your client
- Proof of eligibility to live and work in the UK
If you feel have the qualities to make a great Live in Healthcare Assistant (Health and Social Care) please do not hesitate to apply today.
Please note that Active Assistance will be welcoming candidates from the EU to join their valuable workforce in the UK. We will be keeping all employees informed on changes and support our Live in Care Workers through these times.
Active Assistance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children. All applicants must be willing to undergo the appropriate screening, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.