MPI have a requirement for Fabricators to work in Walsall, West Midlands.
Contract is initially for approx 13 weeks with the view to becoming permanent for the right candidates.
Approx 40 hours per week.
Pay Rate: £11.50-£13.50 per hour PAYE depending on experience.
If overtime available (this is not guarantee) the uplift is as follows:- Before 8am - Mon-Fri 1.3% uplift on basic After 2pm - Fri 1.5% uplift on basic Saturday - 1.5% uplift on basic Sun/Bank Holidays - Double Time
Subject to clearance if selected.
This position will be to work in the Plating department.
Full Time Fabricator / Welder
Essential Requirements: • Be a versatile person with a wide range of experience in production of bespoke fabrications
• Develop build processes to facilitate efficient fulfilment of customer requirement
• Ability to MIG weld is essential, TIG weld would be beneficial
• Main tasks construction of bespoke fabrications for installation into vehicles
• Must be able to accurately document build process on prototype work
• Aptitude to digest technical information
• Confident in working with steel, and aluminium essential / composite panels advantageous
• Experience in operating heavy press machinery advantageous
• Work individually and as a team
• Must have a flexible working attitude, and be willing to work outside of current skill set.
Our client requires someone who is mainly a fabricator with some welding who is able to do all welding equipment set up. Sheet Metal Workers are welcomed as are press operators.
• Positive "can-do" approach
• Good communication skills
• Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
• Flexible attitude towards over time
• Good attention to detail and high quality standards
• Ability to think logically and work accurately
Pay rate: Negotiable based on skills and experience
• 40 hours basic worked between
• Monday to Thursday 8am - 5pm • Friday 8am - 2pm
• Overtime available
• Bonus available
• Pension scheme available
Health & Safety Responsibility It is the responsibility of all Babcock Vehicle Engineering Ltd employees to ensure that all operations under their control and within their authority are conducted in accordance with health and safety at work act or other relevant legislation and company health and safety policy.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their sex; religious or similar philosophical belief; political opinion; race; age; sexual orientation; or, whether they are married or are in a civil partnership; or, whether they are disabled; or whether they have undergone, are undergoing or intend to undergo gender reassignment
If you are successful with your application with Babcock Vehicle Engineering Ltd you will have to go through a security clearance check prior to commencing employment.