Business Development Manager
Frenger Systems have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join their team based in Derby + International Travel to USA & Australia & NZ.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Derby + International Travel to USA & Australia & NZ
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 basic per annum + Competitive Bonus Structure + Executive Company Car, Mobile Phone, Laptop etc.
Job Type: Full-time - Permanent
We are a long established U.K company based on Pride Park, Derby specialising in Multi Service Chilled Beam Technology. We operate in the U.K., USA and Australia and are a leader in the manufacture and supply of specialist heating and cooling solutions for Prestigious Office Developments, Hospitals, Schools, Airports, Hotels, University’s, Prisons, Libraries and other large Commercial spaces. Our multi service chilled beam units are installed in many prestigious buildings all over the globe.
Due to continued success, we now have an immediate opportunity for an experienced Business Development Manager to join our team at Pride Park. This is mainly a UK sales role (national coverage) 2-3 days per week for those weeks in the U.K. International sales visits to our existing US Distributors to accompany them to sales meetings 6 times per year for 1 to 2 weeks at a time. Also, twice per year at 2-3 weeks at a time to visit direct sales for Australia and to accompany our New Zealand Distributors.
Already working in a similar capacity with overseas travel would be advantageous. Full in house technical training for products and solutions will be provided, although you should already have strong sales skills and be highly proficient at developing new business through usual channels to market associated with 'Specification Selling' in the HVAC market. Being used to communicating with Consulting Engineers and Architects and maximising sales opportunities with existing customers.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent track record in sales achievements, understands the sales process, especially 'Specification Selling' be tenacious in their pursuit of success, able to provide technical support and solutions with the ability to interface with customers for both the UK and Internationally. To be considered for this exciting opportunity with excellent future career prospects, you should already have enjoyed a successful career in sales or business development and relish new challenges as they present themselves. Be solution orientated and have the ability to communicate at all levels.
Business Development Manager - Essential Skills and Experience:
- Sales Management: 6+ years
- 6+ years successful experience in sales or business development role
- HNC or above in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services
- Maths & English plus a Science subject (preferably Physics) at 'O' or preferably 'A' level
- Technically competent with the ability to understand HVAC solutions, be able to provide technical feedback and commercial proposals to customers and distributors by means of discussing these face to face and be able to write and relevant reports and information
- Proficient in the use of standard Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience and successful record of winning business
- Be commercially competent to be able to attend Sales and Technical meetings to provide reports and feedback regarding meetings and market activity
- Highly motivated and energetic with a good degree of commercial acumen and sense of purpose
- Ability to present to an audience
- Fluent in written and verbal English
- Right to work in the UK
- A full UK driving licence
- We only seek individuals that have a successful and demonstrable track record and possess in the HVAC Market and a positive 'can do' attitude, great problem-solving skills and the desire to constantly learn and further develop
- A flexible approach with the ability to quickly pick up new skills are also essential as full in house product and solutions training will be given
Business Development Manager – Benefits:
- Competitive bonus structure
- Executive company car + mobile phone + laptop
- Pension contribution
- 23 days holidays per annum + Bank Holidays
- Free on site car parking
- State of the art modern offices with air conditioning
- Free tea, coffee and fruit juice
To submit your CV for this exciting Business Development Manager opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now!
This role may be suitable if you have previous experience as Sales Manager, Account Manager, Sales Executive, Area Sales Manager, Business Development Executive, Sales Consultant, Key Account Manager, Sales Representative or a Sales Director.