Business Intelligence Manager
My client is looking to recruit a strong data and solutions driven BI/Analytics Manager on a permanent basis. The role is a senior hire and exists to drive the design, development and delivery of Business Intelligence solutions to support high stakes business planning in addition facilitating ongoing business and data requirements, delivering actionable insight (via analysis) to support operational, finance and business process objectives.
Naturally, you’ll have significant experience developing effective BI solutions and methodology, managing teams of analysts and developers to produce commercially logical MI.
The role with encompass wider responsibilities concerning the definition of MI & delivery within the business and will work in collaboration with other stakeholders and relevant partners to ensure an effective, robust and governed BI landscape is delivered.
Interested applicants must be able to show a versatile and innovative approach to designing data solutions, passionate about driving and constantly improving BI and data delivery.
Summary of accountabilities;
- Lead a team of data professionals in the development of complex MI tools, utilising leading Business Intelligence technology / methodology (SAS, Business Objects, SAP BW, Data Tableau etc.
- Support update/changes to Business analytical requirements and existing data processes
- Support and enhance the use of data driven technology and relevant BI tools within the department, developing a platform that drives the production of effective and accurate MI for multiple stakeholders.
- Direct the team to create data/analysis reporting framework to deliver coherent and accurate business analysis (trends, forecasts, behaviour etc.)
- Collaborate with stakeholders, developing data models and reporting suites to support individual commercial needs - identifying improvements enabling sound business decisions to be made
Support wider management of work stream plan and objectives
- Experienced leading highly skilled teams of Data/BI professionals
- Excellent stakeholder management attributes, demonstrating the ability and confidence to collaborate, challenge and influence at a senior level
- Strong commercial acumen; managing teams that can transfer complex business requirements into viable and MI design
- Highly numerate - demonstrate strong analytics, capability; ideally educated to high level in mathematics, statistics, operational research or economics (or equivalent)
- Passionaite about data analysis - ability to analyse interrogate, manipulate complex data to identify trends and steer business thinking
- The ability to explain and understand complex systems
- Technically advanced; essential to demonstrate a high level of competence with SQL, Excel, Access and any other analytical reporting tools (i.e. SAS, SPSS, Qlikview, Tableau, Business Objects)
Competitive starting salary + benefits (car allowance, bonus / pension / healthcare / life assurance / 25 days holiday +bank holidays / annual performance & salary review / company discounts / discounted share scheme). Apply now for full job & interview details.