Haig&Co are working with one of South Birmingham's premier food businesses to help them find them an Accountant to enhance the existing finance operation.
A well-established and highly-successful business working specifically in the seafood industry, supplying to major supermarkets and other food retail outlets.The Role:
As Accountant, you will support the Financial Controller and will assist with the month end reporting and analysis, budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Assisting with month end tasks including accrual, prepayments, preparing journals and variance analysis
- Distribution costs reconciliation and monthly accruals
- Deal with all PNC related tasks to include weekly sales upload and reconciliation, monthly reconciliation and documents submission, sampling and quarterly PNC audit
- Weekly and monthly bank reconciliation
- Various interesting project involved
- Assist the Financial Controller in improving more robust finance controls
Newly qualified AAT or Part Qualified CIMA/ACCA or equivalent
- Previous experience of working within manufacturing/production environment essential
- Meticulous approach to work and able to report numbers in simple terms
- Flexible, analytical and methodical approach in problem solving
- Good team player with a common-sense approach
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment
On offer is not only an attractive salary package, as well as company benefits, but a super opportunity to gain excellent accounting exposure with career development and to be part of a great team within a very well-run, ethical and successful business.