Part Time Financial Controller
Our client is a regional residential house builder based in Oswestry, Shropshire with projected annual turnover of £15 million.
They are looking to appoint a part time Financial Controller to work three/four days a week and work directly with the Managing Director, heading up the day to day financial activities including: preparation of month end accounts; VAT returns, bank, and balance sheet reconciliations; maintaining accruals and prepayments and year end statutory accounts.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for setting and checking targets and monitoring the performance of each department within the business in line with set budgets. The successful candidate will implement and maintain all financial controls and systems within the business, identifying and recommending potential operational efficiencies and improvements to working practices.
Other responsibilities assigned to this post will include payroll, CIS Returns, and management of the purchase ledger.
A more detailed list of services includes the following:
- Establishing and Executing Internal Controls over the Company`s Accounting and Financial procedures
- The Preparation of Head Office Overhead Budgets
- Setting, Checking and Monitoring the Performance of each department and cost centre within the business against agreed Budgets
- Reviewing all financial contracts, financing agreements and insurance policies
- Verifying monthly Valuations against Project Budgets
- Preparing Cash Disbursements and Payments to suppliers and sub-contractors for Director`s Signature.
- Management of the Purchase and Sales Ledger
- Oversee and Monitor Accounts Payable
- Oversee and Monitor Retentions held on Sub-Contractors
- Ensuring all accounting allocations are appropriately made and documented
- Ensure the proper completion of CIS Returns
- Preparation and Presentation and Reporting of Month-end Accounts
- Preparation and Submission of monthly VAT Returns
- Preparing Financial Statements, Balance Sheets, Cash Flow reports, Budgets and Budgets to Actuals and financial projections.
- Preparation of Bank and Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Maintaining Accruals and Pre-payments
- Preparation of Year-end Statutory Accounts and or coordinating with external tax accountants and auditors in completion of the same
- Assist with the preparation of the short and medium-term business plans and cash flows for the Company, providing accurate and comprehensive financial information and analysis to executive management for long-term financial strategizing.
- Assist with the preparation and negotiation for company and project funding applications and insurances.
- Monitoring any facilities agreements and ensuring compliance therewith
- Assist in assessing risks, analysing efficiency, and informing policy decisions made by Directors
- Monitoring Payroll and Pension Payments.
Salary is negotiable for the right Candidate but you must possess all the above skills and experience. This role would suit someone who has previous experience of working in the House Building Industry.
This is a fantastic role for the right people, if that sounds like you then please send your CV to or call on . Working Solutions are acting as an agency on this position and only those candidates able to work in the UK need apply.