Head of Prudential Risk and Finance Audit, 96PR
Some careers shine brighter than others.
Something new and exciting is happening at HSBC. We are separating our retail bank from our investment bank and creating HSBC UK, with a brand new state-of-the-art head office in Birmingham. The move is a big step, and will take us one step closer to achieving our ambition to be the bank of choice in the UK. However, the move to Birmingham doesn't just represent a new dawn for our business. It's also an exciting opportunity for ambitious professionals who are keen to get involved in a unique challenge and progress their careers. We're looking for individuals who are motivated to grow and shape the UK bank, and who will thrive in a flexible working culture within a dynamic and diverse office environment, making the most of what Birmingham has to offer.
Global Internal Audit provides independent, objective assurance to management and the risk and audit committees as to whether the framework of risk management, control, and governance processes, as designed and represented by management, is adequate and functioning.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Head of Prudential Risk and Finance Audit.
In this role, you will:
- Provide leadership to direct team on all audit activity, ensuring oversight of the end to end process
- Drive the coordination and collaboration of a consistent delivery of audit work across the Global Businesses and Global Functions
- Understand and keep abreast of the changes in the business and regulatory environment impacts on the HSBC governance framework
- Develop, maintain, align and deploy audit department resources in accordance with the current and future needs of the business
- Maintain dialogue and communications with senior management on the major plans, projects and structural changes that will impact their business
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Significant relevant financial services internal audit experience required
The base location for this role is 120 Edmund Street, Birmingham.
We are required by the Financial Services (Banking Reform) Act 2013 to create a ring-fenced bank in the UK by 1 January 2019. Entirely new from the ground up, HSBC UK's head office is opening in Birmingham. The location of this role will move to our new state of the art offices at 2 Arena Central during 2018.
For further details and application information please click "Apply" or visit our careers site, searching under reference 000096PR.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we are open to different ideas and cultures and live by our values of being dependable, open and connected. HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Bank Plc