Bring your leadership skills and Health & Safety knowledge to this vital role as Plant Supervisor for a leading player in Construction Solutions
Our client is a leading supplier of traditional and sustainable construction materials to major building and construction customers. With over 4,000 employees and operations across the UK and Northern Europe, they’re committed to helping create a better built environment.
As Plant Supervisor, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of their new plant, ensuring all health and safety, environmental and quality requirements/legislation are complied with. You’ll do this by supervising and coordinating all site operations in a safe manner, whilst maintaining production to meet customer demand. Health & Safety will be a priority, as will optimising production and maintaining facilities to a high standard.
Other key responsibilities of this Plant Supervisor role include:
• Optimising the effectiveness of your team by actively participating in briefing, appraisals and reviews
• The ability to perform the tasks of weighbridge operator, mixing, and loading shovel driver on a daily basis
• Ensuring the company cash sale procedure is followed at all times
• Train and coach staff in order that full compliance can be achieved
As Plant Supervisor you will need a proven supervisory track record, preferably within the concrete or construction arena, in addition to sound business skills. A recognised industry qualification would be a real plus. With good IT-literacy and distribution knowledge, you must have a strong awareness of health and safety, as well as a flexible attitude to your work.
As Plant Supervisor, you’ll also be able to offer:
• Great all-round communication skills
• A good telephone manner
• Real customer focus
• Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills.
So if we’ve just described you and your aspirations, to apply for this Plant Supervisor role then please click on the apply button below.
Plant Supervisor job reference number: OLR13436/7591
We believe in Equal Opportunities for all employees.