Assistant Financial and Tax Accountant
The Midcounties Co-operative is recruiting an Assistant Financial and Tax Accountant to join our Finance team based in Warwick.
Responsible for producing the Society’s quarterly VAT returns and Construction Industry Tax (CIT) return and dealing with VAT and CIT related matters. Assist the Financial and Tax Accountant (F&TA) in producing Group’s corporation tax computations and subsidiary accounts.
- Prepare the quarterly VAT return for the Society’s group registration and Transport company. Ensure VAT is calculated with the agreed Retail Schemes and rules governing the trading areas.
- Prepare the partial exemption and annual adjustments including multi-buys.
- Ensure that the VAT status of the products in the product file is correct. Review new products and amendments on a monthly basis.
- Maintain Capital Goods Scheme register and ensure all additions and disposals are correctly recorded.
- Assist in the preparation of the draft Society group company tax return computations in Alphatax. Identify the tax status and subsequent tax treatment for the tax computations of repairs, renewals, legal & professional fees and asset additions and disposals. Collect and collate capital allowance information for inclusion in the annual tax computations.
- Maintain the rolled over capital gains register as agreed with the HMRC.
- Assist F&TA with HMRC corporation tax return enquiries.
- Assist in the deconsolidation of the group accounts into the subsidiary accounts profit and loss account and balance sheet. Draft the statutory subsidiary accounts.
Construction Industry and PAYE Settlement Agreement Tax
- Set up CHAPS, BACS and international payments when requested.
Previous Experience -
- Professional accountancy qualification, studying towards AAT, or the early stages of CIMA, ACCA or ACA.
- 18 months experience in a Finance environment is desirable.
- Intermediate level Excel.