Risk Assurance - Midlands - SAP Security/GRC - Manager
About the team
We are looking for an SAP specialist to join our digital integration business and help our clients to drive exceptional business performance through better use of technology. You will help clients identify and manage risks over key Business Systems and ERP platforms such as SAP and Oracle. Our approach centres on providing advice and assurance that is focused on each client's individual challenges.
Our ideal candidate will have a high level of experience in the delivery of SAP security assessments, SAP role designs, SAP GRC access control implementations and other SAP GRC ruleset advisory and assurance projects.
The Midlands Practice consists of 3 networked offices in Birmingham, the East Midlands (located next to East Midlands Airport) and Milton Keynes. The role can be based in our East Midlands, Birmingham or Milton Keynes office to suit you and will require some travel to cover the Midlands region, and potentially to support national regions.
With a rapidly growing, dynamic marketplace, more than 500 clients and some 600 partners and staff in the region, the Midlands Assurance practice is a great place to build a career. We have a wide variety of clients from entrepreneurial start-ups through to major public sector organisations, FTSE100 members and large global businesses
You will take a leading role in the delivery of SAP security and GRC engagements, working across our market to help to grow our footprint by developing new services and helping to generate new opportunities. You’ll bring proven technical experience combined with project management, business process and consultancy skills to enable insightful and value-adding conversations with clients.
About the role
In this role you’ll be:
- Leading teams that perform reviews over clients’ IT systems, identifying risks and issues and developing pragmatic recommendations.
- Managing colleagues to provide advisory services ranging from strategy to functional transformation;
- Providing insight to clients related to the integrity of their control environment, the efficiency of processes and the insightfulness of management information.
- Exposure to current thinking in business technology, technology governance and risk management;
- Developing opportunities with new and prospective clients through consultation and by designing innovative assurance activities that address their business needs.
Who we're looking for
We're looking for extremely motivated individuals who will relish the opportunity to work in a growing team with significant possibilities to progress within the firm. The following skills are required for this role:
- Good knowledge and experience of SAP (preferably including SAP S/4 HANA. Other ERP experience, such as Oracle or Microsoft Dynamics would also be desirable.
- Experience of application of security assessments for the purposes of internal or external audit engagements.
- Deep technical IT background and practical experience
- Experience of reviewing ERP functional and technical design specifications;
- Good understanding of common business processes;
- Strong project management, analytical skills and organisational abilities;
- Focused and initiative driven with an ability to build strong relationships with clients and with PwC teams;
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels, and exemplary report writing skills;
- A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions, alongside the integrity and courage to challenge the status quo;
- Well-developed listening and questioning techniques;
- Strong desire for continuous improvement and self-development.
- A breadth of experiences that enables you to hold broad business conversations and articulate complex issues to clients in a manner that is clear and unambiguous;
- ACA (or equivalent) fully or part qualified or CIMA qualified; and/or IIA or CISA qualified;
- Understanding of Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) and GRC system knowledge.
- Experience in auditing financial controls within a wide range of business processes;
- Experience in evaluating and performing risk assessments at a task and organisation level.
Location: East Midlands
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It’s work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.