My client is seeking a Technical Analyst, reporting to the Technical Support Manager. The Technical Analyst will be working in a high-pressure environment supporting the applications and IT infrastructure across a breadth of technologies to a high standard to ensure continual service to both internal and external users across the business and its clients.
Essential experience / requirements:
The idea candidate must have at least three year's experience within a technology support role with at least one of the following:
-Experience with Microsoft technologies, such as Windows Desktop, Windows Server and Active Directory
-Experience of Linux (preferably Red Hat or Centos distributions),including web server applications such as Apache HTTPD, Tomcat, and bash shell scripting
And at least one of the following:
-Business Continuity Plan/Disaster Recovery/system backups strategies
-Key office IT services and hardware, such as a printing, phone systems including handsets and mobiles, PC’s and laptops
-VMWare vSphere v6, including ESXi, vCenter and clustering technologies such as HA and DRS
-Firewall and network technologies and appliances, preferably Cisco and Juniper
-Experience with SQL Server 2008/2012
-A existing interest in IT and/or technology in general, and a keenness to learn new IT skills
-Experience with datacentre hardware - servers, SANs, blades and related technologies
-Industry standard qualifications (e.g. CCNA, MCSA, CompTIA)
Job Role Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Follow company processes, policies and procedures
- Provide support for bespoke and off-the-shelf applications, including software releases and major client-facing projects as required by the business across Live/Production and test environments
- Maintain team and departmental procedures, diagrams and other documentation
- Provide a prompt response to service tickets raised, including liaising with end-users/clients ensuring the ticket is closed to the satisfaction of the raiser and within agreed SLA’s
- Proactive monitoring of the infrastructure and applications within the team’s remit, performing root cause analysis of any significant issues, and recommending and supporting improvements
- Carry out other appropriate duties from time to time as required
- Maintain the first line of compliance defence by ensuring individual adherence to business processes and procedures that are designed to meet the regulatory standards set out in the relevant rules and guidance
- Treat clients fairly at all times
- Maintain the first line of defence by operating risk controls assigned to the individual
- Use the training and competence scheme to maintain the appropriate knowledge, skills and expertise to carry out the role competently.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures are all time including but not limited to; Code of Code, Information security, human resource policies and compliance policies and procedures
- Core Competencies
-Sets ambitious output targets and expectations for themselves and their teams
-Focuses on process consistency, output quality and achievement of excellent turnaround times
-Understands the key levers for their business and how to influence them
Industry & Technical Expertise:
-Keeps abreast of industry practice through reading quality journals and newspapers
-Takes an active interest in the wider business area and offers support where appropriate
-Shares best practice within the team and the wider department to enhance performance and client experience.
-Fast moving, infecting others with their energy and enthusiasm
-Creates a buzz and interaction between teams
-Demands positive attitude
-Inspires others to focus on results and celebrates success
-Energized by sudden changes to plan and workloads
-Energized by internal competition, balance with greater good of the business.
Teamwork & Collaboration:
-Recognises, appreciate and leverages the strength of others to accomplish company objectives.
-Takes personal accountability for ensuring all colleagues understand what is expected of them in terms of performance & behaviors
-Provides honest, direct feedback in a non-threatening way
-Promotes an inclusive culture where different viewpoints are values and encouraged.
-Practices active, two-way communication.
-Chooses the honest, ethical course of action and is consistent in word and deed
-Understands and adheres to policies and procedures, as well as governing laws and regulations.
-Complies with information security and risk management policies and take appropriate actions to business environment.
-Promotes and demonstrates organisational and individual responsibility to fellow employees, clients and the community in which we live and work