Telephonist & Secretary
Barnett Waddingham is a partner-led business which prides itself in providing straightforward and well communicated pensions advice. This philosophy means that we are dependent on talented and well trained employees who enjoy working in a closely knit and friendly organisation. Our growth has been significant since our creation in 1989. We aim to continue this growth by recruiting people who share in Barnett Waddingham’s values.
The role of Telephonist and Secretary is to provide a local and centralised telephone answering service across the network of offices and a secretarial service for nominated staff and Partners. In order to provide these services the job holder must liaise with internal contacts, external clients and service providers.
Due to continued business growth, we are seeking to recruit an additional team member who will split their time between telephony and secretarial duties. This is a 12-month contract (full-time hours) and the person can be based in our Cheltenham or Bromsgrove office.
Telephony duties include:
- To act as the first point of contact for customers, clients and partner organisations telephoning in to Barnett Waddingham; communicating effectively and efficiently with in a professional, courteous and timely manner.
- Answer a high volume of calls and maintain a rapid response rate to agreed standards, remaining calm and providing a professional response at all times.
- Operate the switchboard in a prompt, professional and pleasant manner.
- Report any faults in the switchboard, internal call system and any systems connected to the telephone software.
- Maintain and update the electronic internal telephone directory.
- Implement and apply business continuity procedures during the failure of the switchboard and communicate with colleagues.
Secretarial Duties include:
- Typing and data entry
- Take and transcribe minutes
- Setting up and amending Power Point presentations
- Travel arrangements including hotel bookings
- Book external professional or clients meetings
- Booking meetings and arranging refreshments
- Booking and arranging in-house seminars
- Liaison with internal departments e.g. accounts for purchase orders
- Expenses claims
- Incoming and outgoing post
- Filing and photocopying
- Binding reports and collating agenda packs
- Ordering stationery, ancillary items or furniture when required
- Any other reasonable task as advised from time-to-time
- Support, Implement and Maintain Information Security procedures and activities in accordance to Barnett Waddingham’s Information Security Policy