Field Support Midlands
Field Support Operative
Geographical cover: Midlands
Salary: Up to £23,000 plus £4,000 car allowance
*** Please note that this is a field based role, and flexibility to travel and stay away from home will be required ********
A market leader in the provision of Integrated Stores and Supply Chain Management Solutions for Blue Chip Companies in the UK and Europe, IESA is seeking an experienced Engineering Stores Field Support operative to cover Midlands - our clients include the likes of Jaguar Land Rover, Carlsberg, and Astra Zeneca to name but a few.
Due to our tremendous growth an exciting opportunity has arisen in our busy Field Support team offering cover in our engineering stores in the Midlands and surrounding areas.
A background in engineering stores, stock control and liaising with suppliers is preferable, however, candidates with a similar background will also be considered.
Trade Counter Responsibilities
* To issue stock products
* To maintain a professional and courteous approach to our Customers
* To assist customers in the selection of goods, advising where applicable alternatives that reduce overall cost
* To source and price goods for 'special' non stock orders, and to raise purchase orders for same
* To liaise with the Procurement team at Warrington with respect to additional information regarding products
* To expedite all outstanding purchase orders
Goods receipting Stock held Products and 'Special' Orders
* To receipt into stock control system all goods delivered
* To release all products on back order and deliver to customer
* To confirm all customer deliveries to ensure accurate charging
Customer Issues both Stock held Products and 'Special' Products
* To ensure that the approved documentation is accurately completed and if necessary authorised
* To input issues into computer system or via barcode scanner
Customer and Supplier Returns
* To initiate and conclude all customer returns in approved manner
* To monitor and adhere to procedures regarding return of items to suppliers
* To put away all stock deliveries within one working day of receipt of goods
* To conduct rotational stock checks
* To record stock locations for new products required for the stores
* To record all stock adjustments and action as appropriate
* To maintain a clean and tidy store
* To maintain a tidy and logical filing process so that historical information can easily be accessed
* To keep all administration up to date in line with Operational Excellence assessments
* To demonstrate effective communication skills both within the IESA organisation and our Customers organisation
* Customer facing role excellent communication skills required at all levels
Key Skills Required:
- Knowledge of Industrial Consumables / MRO market and engineering products
- Experience of Stock Management Processes
Experience of trade counter or customer service role
Previous experience in a commercial, distribution, industrial or engineering environment
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
- A willingness to learn and develop
- A Forklift License - counterbalance/reach - Desirable but not essential
- Full Clean Driving License - with access to your own vehicle
- Fully Flexible as will be required to travel to Client Stores sites across the UK at short notice - Regular overnight stays required.
- SAP experience (desirable, but not essential).