Occupational Health Technician
We are looking for an Occupational Health Technician to join our peripatetic Team in the North of England. This is a full-time role working 37.5 hours per week, plus overtime where required. The successful candidate will be required to drive a Mobile Medical Unit and travel to our client sites in the North of England but be happy to travel nationwide, providing a professional service in carrying out a range of duties as outlined below.
Due to the range of locations covered, regular overnight stays for up to four nights per week are expected. Candidates may be required to park the mobile clinical unit at or near their home overnight.
As an Occupational Health Technician, you will be an integral part of the team, providing a compassionate and professional clinical service that is instrumental in the quality of care our clients receive.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside a team of dedicated professionals and experts that are truly some of the best in their field. The Occupational Health Technician role is ideally suited to individuals who value working as part of a team and following standard protocols, but also enjoy working independently and using their own initiative when required.
The main duties of the role include:
- Undertaking health screening procedures in accordance with Company protocols. These screening procedures may include general baseline measurements such as height, weight, blood pressure and urinalysis.
- Carrying out fitness for work medicals.
- Health surveillance screening including audiometry and lung function testing.
- Carrying out Drug and Alcohol testing. To be fully competent with the full chain of custody procedures.
- Occasional health promotion activities.
- Ensuring all medical information is accurately recorded in the occupational health records and passed to the clinical staff for interpretation and further management of the patient.
- Ensuring all equipment is serviceable, clean and fit for purpose.
- Providing support to the whole OH team in helping the department to run smoothly and effectively.
- Undertaking additional tasks as requested and which are within the range of training and competencies.
- Being an active member of the OH team and promoting a positive working environment.
Occupational Health Technician | Occupational Health | Peripatetic | Mobile Medical Unit | Health Screening | Testing | Medical | Health
- Have a Full UK Driving Licence.
- Demonstrate a self-motivated and proactive approach to work.
- Be able to work effectively independently and also within a team framework.
- Be IT literate.
- Prioritise own workload and have good time management skills. Capable of working flexibly and to strict deadlines.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a professional manner, respecting the confidentiality of the patient and their information at all time.
- Understand the importance of treating all patients with respect, dignity and privacy.
- Have a sound educational background including a good standard of numeracy and written English.
- Be aware of own limitations.
- Have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- We need someone who is approachable and dependable.
Whilst there is no recognised professional qualification for this role, suitable backgrounds include:
- Previous experience as an Occupational Health Technician
- Health Care Assistant
- Fitness Instructor
- Military Medic
- Offshore Medic Knowledge and experience of working in occupational health
Additional salary information: 25 Days Annual Leave, Health Cashback Plan, Perkbox.
We are one of the UK's leading providers of occupational health services. Established in 2002 by a group of occupational health professionals, we have experienced strong, steady growth. Our clients include leading names across a wide range of sectors including aviation, construction, engineering, manufacturing, retail, utilities and the emergency services. Our team brings together many of the UK's finest practitioners and teachers in all relevant healthcare disciplines.Our services are comprehensive.
We offer a full portfolio of occupational health services, combining them into bespoke programmes that suit your organisation's people and their needs. We also provide innovative medical care training courses that give personnel the skills they need to handle medical emergencies.
The information you have submitted will be held and used in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and all relevant subsequent legislation. This information will be held and processed for the purpose of personnel/payroll administration and statistical and business analysis. We will retain the forms of unsuccessful applicants for 6 months in accordance with current guidance.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.