About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a private healthcare company as one of two HR Officers. Reporting to the head of HR you will have the scope and breadth to offer a comprehensive service and support to all levels of management which is both effective and efficient to make a difference to our colleagues and key stakeholders.
To be successful in this role you will be a self starter with knowledge and skill to write company policies, providing support and guidance based on sound employment and case law knowledge and includes the more technical areas such as TUPE and GDPR. Not only will you support the overall business but also lead on your own projects which include topics such as wellbeing, employee engagement and development. In return you will be based in Telford Head Office and along with your salary will receive 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension, share schemes and access to an Employee Assistance Programme and discount schemes.
Interserve Healthcare is a privately owned healthcare business which specialises in providing healthcare services to clients in their own homes and provides resources to healthcare establishments throughout the UK. We recruit Nurses, Healthcare Assistants and Support Workers on a national basis to deliver outstanding care and support to our ever-growing client base.
The core duties include:
• Providing a comprehensive, effective and efficient HR Service to all levels of management and colleagues in line with Company policy, current employment legislation and best practice.
• To develop, advise on and implement policies.
• To support the HR team in the everyday cohesive running of the HR department, with specific responsibilities for employee relations, staff retentions and development along with HR projects and tasks as required.
• To work independently, be resourceful and show particular attention to detail. Have an aptitude to learn, develop and adapt as circumstances or requirements change.
• To take responsibility of employee relations within your designated Regions and Head Office
• Responsible for monitoring sickness absence, ensuring return to work interviews are carried out and any discrepancies are followed up.
• Responsible for the development, management and delivery of the internal HR training programmes.
• Provide advice on all employment related matters in line with current legislation and Company policy.
• To assist managers in the investigation and resolution of both disciplinary and grievance hearings, including note taking and participate up to and including tribunals.
• You will be required to embrace the company vision and values and SustainAbilities programme, promoting these with all internal and external customers.
Qualification/experience required for this role includes:
• CIPD or relevant professional qualification.
• Business degree or equivalent
• Knowledge of HR legislation, best practice & employment law
• Computer knowledge - MS Office packages and HR Systems
• An ability to empathise, reassure and listen.
• To remain calm and effective even under pressure
• An ability to record information accurately and succinctly show attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills, face to face, written and verbal
• Hold a clean driving licence
What we can offer you:
• A competitive salary of £25,000.00 - £30,000.00 which goes hand in hand with a monthly branch related bonus
• Generous holiday allowance - 25 days per year + 8 bank holidays
• Childcare Voucher scheme - this is open to all employees
• Share scheme - a chance to purchase shares
• Save scheme - the opportunity to save money
• Pension scheme
• Exclusive employee staff discounts on high street retailers with "MyInterserve"
About the company
Interserve Healthcare delivers specialist healthcare services to clients in their own homes and in healthcare establishments throughout the UK. We recruit Nurses, Healthcare Assistants and Support Workers on a national basis to deliver outstanding care and support to our ever-growing client base.
Interserve Healthcare is an Investors in Diversity accredited company & committed to equal opportunities for all.