Project Manager, Infrastructure
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies and a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology, is seeking a smart, ambitious, and experienced Project Manager to join the Project and Programme Delivery Team. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 21 million customers in 18 languages.
Working within the technology function, the team’s core responsibility is to plan, execute and deliver technology change to the bet365 platform, taking an idea and to navigate it through requirement, design, build, test, and implementation and into run operations.
Ownership and Engagement:
- Full ownership of running projects from initiation, through to the delivery and closure, working towards the agreed timescales.
- Full responsibility for ensuring all projects are resourced, planned and controlled correctly, using the tools necessary to manage scope, time, risk and quality.
- Working with business and IT stakeholders to define the scope and solutions of projects, leading on the resolution of issues as necessary.
- Ensuring relevant project stakeholders are engaged appropriately.
- Working directly with appointed technical leads and project team members to provide support and direct as required, contributing towards the overall objectives of the project.
- Following delivery, providing lessons learned and activity based actions to improve the department’s delivery capabilities.
- Managing changes in scope and priorities in an effective and controlled manner.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Familiarity in dealing directly with technical functions including architecture, software development, test, release management, database, network, platform and IT operations.
- A broad knowledge of project management terminology, tools and techniques.
- Pragmatism to the delivery approach, giving real consideration to the best and most efficient way to plan and release solutions.
- An understanding and experience of a variety of test approaches (functional and non functional).
- Ability to plan and balance priorities whilst working towards deadlines.
- Excellent communications skills with ability to get messages understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience working within a large IT function specializing in the delivery of complex projects.
- Experience managing simultaneous deliveries across a variety of technology platforms and software.
- Experience of Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Qualifications in recognised project management methods would be advantageous.
The closing date for applications is 29th September 2017.
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference PM0817RD. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ.