Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager
Our client is the convenience retail division of their Group based in the West Midlands. Founded in 1917, they began life as a one-man counter service grocery store in Wolverhampton. Over the past century, they have grown into one of the largest privately owned companies in the UK and now employs more than 8,200 people with a turnover of £1.3 billion.
With more than 5,100 employees and over 300 stores located across England and Wales, they are one of the UK’s leading convenience store operators.
Putting people first is the philosophy that has resulted in them becoming the dynamic, forward-thinking success story that it is today, and it is this belief that will continue to drive the company’s growth forward in the next century.
Position: Assistant Store Manager
Location: Redditch Area
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 39 Hours Per Week, Various shift patterns to meet needs of business, incl. evenings and weekends
Salary: £17,000 - £19,000 dependent on experience
Benefits: Bonus Scheme potential of up to £2,600pa, Company Sick Pay, Additional Holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Life Cover, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering opportunities.
Closing date: September 28, 2017
About the role:
As the Assistant Store Manager you will assist in maximising sales and profit by contributing to the continuous improvement of the store and staff, control of costs and leakage and provision of friendly, efficient service to customers, colleagues and visitors.
- Deliver customer service in line with their Service standards
- Generate ideas for driving the business and it’s team forward
- Assist in monitoring competitor activity
- Assist in developing a motivated and empowered team through a positive management style
- Ensuring training is delivered as scheduled
- Assist with the control of costs in accordance with agreed budgets
- Adherence to cash and stock control policies, ensuring and assisting others to do the same
- APLH (Award for Personal License Holder) must have or be prepared to undertake this qualification
- NVQ level 2-3 in retail skills, customer care (or similar)
- Previous junior supervisory experience in a food retail environment (or similar)
- An understanding of budgets & targets and the ability to assist in working to deliver and improve them
- Some understanding of health and food safety and legislative responsibilities of a retail environment
- Some experience of team development and business development
- Experience of using a Challenge 25 policy
- Previous cash handling experience
- Experience in a customer facing role
You may have experience of the following: Assistant Manager, Retail, Convenience, FMCG, Grocery Manager, Supermarket, Food, Retail Management, Business Development, Food Service, Convenience Store, Store Manager, Retail Manager, Deputy Manager, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.