Financial Accounting Manager
You will lead a team responsible for financial accounting, statutory reporting, PFI financial management and the management of the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting activities for the group.
About the role:
This role sits within the senior management team of a successful property business based in central Birmingham. The successful candidate will have oversight and responsibility for the reporting at both group and company level. They will be key in ensuring accuracy for the reporting but also helping to ensure that the business understands how operational and business decisions will impact on financial performance.
- Oversee and manage the establishment of and compliance with appropriate group accounting policies and frameworks across the organisation.
- Actively seek out and drive a process of continuous improvement within the team and across wider finance, and take responsibility for the implementation of consistent and effective financial processes and controls
- Oversee and manage the Group's consolidated financial and KPI reporting to the senior management, Board and external stakeholders
- Manage the production of the annual statutory accounts, ensuring they are ready for and pass external audit review
- Manage the regulatory return submission activities to all relevant bodies and stakeholders
- Manage the quarterly forecasting and annual budgeting cycle
- Undertake any other ad hoc reporting and analysis
You will be ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified (or equivalent), and have a minimum of 5 years relevant accounting/finance experience. Additionally, you will have:
- People management experience
- Confidence working with Senior Managers and Directors
- Understanding of complex financial systems
- Experience with financial controls and safeguards
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, resulting in building strong relationships and trust
- Strong report writing, Excel and data manipulation skills
If you feel that you are ready to step into the role of Financial Accounting Manager and join the senior management team for a successful Birmingham business, then please apply, we're looking forward to hearing from you!