Registered Manager Birmingham Residential Services
We are currently working with a client in the Birmingham area who require a Registered Manager, to be responsible and accountable for holding and maintaining the appropriate registration and the overall management of the service.
- Previous experience in a registered manager role within the care industry.
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Health and Social Care, or equivalent, as minimum
- A thorough understanding of financial data with the ability to set and manage budgets, understand and analyse spreadsheets and make effective savings
- Understanding of employment practice and Health and Safety legislation
- To have highly developed IT skills in standard Microsoft packages
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organised maintaining attention to detail and a commitment to following tasks through to a close.
- The ability to plan and prioritise work and time effectively using own initiative.
- A commitment to best practice within the care provision.
- A knowledge of marketing & fundraising techniques would be advantageous
The role will involve:
- To provide leadership, management and clear direction in the delivery of all services within your defined area of responsibility
- Manage the recruitment, selection and on-going training, development and performance of all staff within your service to ensure achievement of national minimum care standard requirements
- To ensure that disciplinary matters, grievances and whistle blowing issues are dealt with promptly and professionally in accordance with organisational procedures
- To ensure that complaints and compliments are handled effectively in accordance with organisational policies ensuring prompt and professional actions in order to minimise conflict
- To develop and involve your team in exploring innovative ways of improving and delivering services to enhance organisational performance and share these ideas as best practice developments
- Support residents and their families, ensuring your staff team also provides this support and are consistent in the agreed approach. Liaise with supporting agencies to ensure quality and consistency.
- Attend and chair review meetings as appropriate, ensure placement plans, review and personal plans are completed for residents in accordance with the requirements of the care standards 2010.
To apply for this exciting opportunity offering great benefits, please submit your CV. For any questions please call James on
Woodrow Mercer Associates are part of the Woodrow Mercer Group of specialist recruiters. Independent and refreshingly honest. Woodrow Mercer believe in doing things differently. We have thrown the recruitment rule book out of the window and replaced it with an emphasis on trust and partnership.