Quality & Risk Manager
BMI Edgbaston Hosptal in Birmingham is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Quality & Risk Manager to join their team of staff.
This is a PART time role for 30 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Qualifications in a health-related or other relevant discipline
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems and intermediate computer literacy in Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of continuous improvement concepts and applications.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, schedules, set goals/objectives.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal and communication skills including excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in an environment of change.
- Knowledge and understanding of contemporary risk management strategies that are effective in promoting and ensuring high quality patient care
- Excellent understanding of clinical governance and quality improvement principles
- Experience of working in the healthcare industry and/or previous experience in a governance or risk management role
- Experienced in undertaking complex incident investigation including root cause analysis
- Experience with teaching and giving presentations
- Experience in leading groups and projects.
- Experience in facilitating change and adopting new concepts
- Higher level qualification in Governance, Quality or Risk Management desirable
- Knowledge of CQC/HIS/HIW inspection programs desirable
Duties of this role include:
- To enhance and strengthen the organisation wide quality improvement program in line with the BMI corporate vision, governance framework and operational plan and to ensure the hospital is well prepared to meet external regulatory inspection requirements
- Working as part of the hospital senior management team to co-ordinate and provide leadership for the operational management of quality assurance and safety with the aim of ensuring the provision of high quality safe care
- Champion and raise awareness of the benefits of effective governance and implement strategies to increase the knowledge of hospital staff of quality processes and regulatory requirements
- Co-ordinate and further develop the hospital’s clinical governance activities, policies and systems.
- To lead and support the hospital in collaboration with the ED and DOCS to achieve a good or higher rating for CQC/HIS/HIW regulatory inspections
- To take a proactive approach to minimising risk and preparing the hospital for CQC/HIS/HIW regulatory inspections and ensure that the appropriate evidence in place to meet the inspection requirements
- In response to any external inspection findings, co-ordinate the formulation of action plans and ensures implementation of these through the appropriate department managers.
- Ensure that there are effective data collection systems for the review of quality data and evidence of compliance to national policy in all areas of the hospital.
- Promote a culture of active benchmarking and seeking to achieve best practice in all aspects of our business and facilitate the provision of trend data
- Review and analyse clinical governance and quality data using programmes available within BMI and the hospital.
- Ensure all incidents and complaints are posted and closed in accordance to policy timeframes
- Assist with Root Cause Analysis (RCA) investigations as necessary and ensure all incidents are investigated
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.