Manufacturing Engineer - Automotive - up to £27 p/h
Manufacturing Engineer - Stafford - 12 month contract
up to £27 p/h (umbrella/ Ltd basis)
Are clients are recognised as a leading manufacturer of industrial diesel engines. OEM Manufacturers and users on every continent have, for
generations, trusted their brand to power their world.
Multiple contract position are available for Manufacturing Process Engineers at their facility in Stafford. As Manufacturing Process Engineer you will work both independently and as part of a team to maintain and improve current processes and systems used in manufacturing large engines. In addition, the Manufacturing Process Engineer will react to process demands to ensure customers receive a reliable product on time.
Desired Experience needed for a Process Manufacturing Engineer
As the successful candidate you will be a champion for Manufacturing Engineering process adherence and project structure. You will adhere to the APQP process for process changes and new equipment introduction and play a key role in New Product Introduction implementation for Manufacturing
- Previous experience in a technical Manufacturing related role
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing concepts
- Previous experience of using lean manufacturing tools and techniques
- Forward thinking, innovative approach to process design
- Good communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Process control experience, APQP/PPAP
- Experience in managing capital equipment design, installation and commissioning
Key responsibilites for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Evaluate projects and prepare feasibility studies on current manufacturing processes to define desired results, assess value added proposition and determine project plans.
- Analyse, provide specifications and perform acquisition for new or replacement manufacturing equipment to improve current manufacturing processes.
- Improving existing manufacturing operations, incorporating new methods, new technologies and modern manufacturing processes
- Drive change to current processes to improve quality and velocity through the use of lean manufacturing principles.
- Preparing manufacturing documentation required for product manufacture.
- Analyse requirements and make recommendations for facility systems, processes, equipment needs, and engineering product designs.
- Drive out waste from the current processes through lean manufacturing tools and techniques
- Complete both specialised and broad-based assignments / projects which may require collaboration and integration with other functions