Site Technician & Grounds Person
HEDNESFORD VALLEY HIGH
Site Technician & Grounds Person Grade 4 - 37 hours per week full year to start as soon as possible - Salary: £16,491 to £17,419
Hours: 7.00 am to 3.00 pm Monday-Thursday
7.00 am to 2.30 pm Friday
(You will be required to lock up at 6.00 pm on occasions in the absence of the Janitor)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for us to recruit a Site Technician and Grounds person to join our school. This is an important role which will help to ensure the smooth running of the school. We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, efficient, flexible, committed, friendly person with a wide skill set who is confident to manage and prioritise a busy workload.
- Unlocking and securing the premises at agreed times. - Janitorial duties.
- Planning and actioning your daily maintenance work.
- Setting up and clearing away furniture - General portage.
- Ensuring that the security and general appearance of the building and the surrounding areas are maintained to required standards and are safe and ready for use by staff and students and respond to emergency breakdowns e.g. Blocked toilets/drains.
- Making sure that systems in the school are working.
- Carry out basic routine checks i.e. Minibus checks, Fire Alarm, Water Temperature and all Health & Safety checks.
- Carrying out routine maintenance, painting, decorating and to undertake repairs/renovation projects.
- Ensure school grounds are gritted/cleared of snow.
- Grass cutting, hedge cutting/trimming, weeding/spraying and line painting.
- Drive the school minibus as and when required. Therefore a clean driving license is essential.
- Link with external contractors when required.
- Attend training courses when required.
To apply for this position please download the application form from the school website www.hvh.staffs.sch.uk and email back to email@example.com or post to school. Please note the school office is closed until Monday 4th September, if you have any queries regarding the vacancy please email Louise Fox, Support Services Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Friday 22nd September 2017
Interview: Wednesday 4th October