ITIL Service Management Lead
ITIL Service Management Lead
Malvern - Regular travel to Customer Site
Competitive Salary + Benefits
SC Clearance is a must with a view to possibly needing DV
Profile of the Role
The Primary role of the Service Management Lead is to provide overall Service Management, Governance and strategy of the Cyber SOC (CSOC) Service Portfolio. The role is accountable for Service Management and Performance, customer relationship, ITIL Process Owners, quality of service, operational security management and Portfolio Management .With full responsibility for continuous service improvement and innovation. Working with other technical and execution leads the Service Management Lead will provide a flexible and agile service capability that is both responsive to business change whilst ensuring a solid and reliable delivery platform that supports continuous service improvement and the introduction of new services to the CSOC service portfolio.
Objective of the Role
- To provide, measure and report performance against the CSOC Service Strategy.
- To ensure that the Management and Governance of all services within the CSOC IDT Portfolio are compliant with the expectations of the business and its customers
- To ensure that an adequate Service Management and Governance capability exists within the CSOC IDT to effectively manage services within the CSOC Service Portfolio.
- A key member of Cyber SOC Services Leadership Team.
- Accountability for the management of ITIL Process Owners.
- Accountability for the Service Performance and Governance of the CSOC Service Portfolio
- Accountable for overall customer relationship - internal and external
- Accountability for the management of the CSOC Service Portfolio
- Accountable for the Quality and compliance of the CSOC Service Portfolio
- Accountable for ensuring that the correct performance and governance information is readily available to support the effective management of the CSOC Service capability including third party suppliers (internal or external)
- Ensure the Service Management and Governance of the CSOC IDT Service Portfolio
- Ensure the continuous service improvement of service management and processes to support the delivery of service.
- Measurement of Customer satisfaction and final quality of Service output.
- Ensure the delivery of Service management and reporting to internal and external customers
- Authority for new services entering the Service Portfolio.
- Review and authorisation of service management personnel and resources used in the management and Governance of the CSOC Service Portfolio
- Authority to ensure the performance of services in line with agreed OLA's and SLA's
- Manage, mentor and influence team members and stakeholders to ensure continued process improvement and performance
- Responsible for ensuring process is being adhered to and that breaches are escalated and resolved
- Responsible for the Chairing of regular process and governance reviews.
- Defining, developing, implementing (in both people and technology) and executing ITIL Service Management processes, i.e. acting as Service Management Authority.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- It is considered unlikely that the necessary skills would be present in someone with less than 7 years' experience within ITIL Service Management strategy and design
- Proven experience in leading ITIL process implementation and improvement
- Excellent understanding of Service support functions obtained in an ITIL based support organisation and how these are inter-related
- ITIL Practitioner (minimum) or Expert (preferred) qualification.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills - written and verbal
- Excellent reporting skills and experience in statistical analysis and reporting
- Experienced at running workshops , reviews and forums
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Good understanding of ITSM tools - LANDesk, Remedy, Extraction
- Customer focused and able to work and adapt to rapid Change
- Assertive and confident with the ability to be diplomatic and understanding
- Desirable to have experience of a managed security services environment
If you would like to know more on the role or would like to know more about other positions through Experis please contact me on