We are seeking an experienced General Manager to join our team at this key time as we look to embark on a national roll out with a fantastic new opening in the heart of Derby city centre. We are looking for someone who has experience in both a food and drink environment, knows the value of building and maintaining a brilliant team and who has a natural flair with guests. In return you will receive a competitive salary of £30,000-£35,000 per annum.
In addition to your role the General Manager will receive;
- Staff meals,
- 50% staff discount on food at any of our venues
- Opportunity to work as part of a fun, close-knit Soba family
- Attractive working patterns
Bar Soba has a history of creating great cocktails, always innovating to bring something unique since they first opened the doors of their first bar in Glasgow back in ’99. They idolise the Street Food vendors of South-east Asia’s bustling night markets and that’s who the Menu pays homage to. Authentic Street Food dishes with a few culinary remixes thrown in along the way. Music has always played a big part in the Soba experience with them playing host to local cutting-edge DJ talent every week.
We are an award-winning cocktail bar and kitchen with 5 sites across Scotland & England including Glasgow, Edinburgh and Leeds. We have exciting growth plans ahead with the rapid expansion of 30 sites across the nation over the next 4 years. We offer plenty of opportunity to grow and we now need the future talent to help us embark on our journey. If you have a passion for delivering great service and enjoy a working within a fast paced customer centric environment we would love to hear from you!
The successful candidate will report to the Operations Director and run the business as their own. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow your career as the brand grows in the early stages of the company’s expansion.
The General Manager duties and key responsibilities:
- Deliver excellent customer service and maintain a high standard of customer management, at all times
- Take full responsibility for the set-up and effective operation of the unit, within company policy, at all times
- Take full responsibility for the results achieved in the unit, including profit and loss (P&L) performance, wet and dry stock results and audits
- Ensure that opening and closing procedures are adhered to, in line with company policy, taking account of security and the health & safety of people and property
- Work in all areas of the unit, bar, floor, cellar, kitchen and office, to ensure that best practice is maintained by the team and that any areas requiring improvement may be identified
- Control all aspects of finance in the unit, including sales, gross profit, stock control, core wages and controllable expenditure
- Control all office administration procedures and ensure that the management team complies with company standards
- Be accountable for all cash management throughout the unit; conduct thorough investigations for all cash-loss issues
- Review P&L account monthly with the Operations Director, agreeing on clear targets for improvements for any targets not achieved
- Forecast sales and wages weekly, using the standard forecasting planner
- Be responsible for accurate rota-planning, based on forecast sales and core wage budget
- Plan all rotas in line with budgeted targets and forecasts, taking the necessary daily action to reduce/increase hours, in line with sales
- Follow all company security procedures, including loss prevention measures and procedures for the security of staff and premises, at all times
- Carry out risk assessments to ensure staff and customers’ safety; ensure the adherence to children-specific guidelines
Our ideal General Manager will have the below skills and experience:
- Experience of both food and drinks management
- Track record of building and retaining amazing teams
- A natural flair for hospitality.
- Genuine enthusiasm and aptitude for providing a great customer service experience.
- Honesty, integrity and the strong work ethic required to become part of a close team.
All our General Managers will be expected to enhance the Bar Soba brand values and deliver exceptional levels of service at all times!
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our General Manager then please click ‘Apply’ today. A future career within a fast expanding hospitality brand awaits you all!