Senior Residential Support Worker
Our independent client has a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Residential Support Worker for their Residential Children's Care Home based in Birmingham. The role is a full time, permanent position based on 37 hours per week offering a salary of £18k - £21k per annum (dependant upon experience)
The successful candidate will contribute all aspects of the physical and emotional care of the child(ren) so as to promote their welfare whilst working in partnership with their family and other professionals. To take responsibility for the day-to-day running of the unit in the absence of the Manager. To provide experience and expertise in working with children and families referred to the unit.
Key Tasks include:-
- Develop and sustain relationships between workers and the local community, colleagues and other agencies
- Assist team development to enhance performance through supervision, support, QCF assessment, training and appraisal
- Contribute to the effective and efficient use of the physical and financial resources
- Comply with legal requirements relating to services and financial regulations
- Receive, transmit, store and retrieve information in line with good practice
- Contribute to improvements at work, including the planning, co-ordination and implementation of projects
- Ensure effective physical, social and emotional environment for group care
- Contribute to the protection of children from abuse
- Promote people’s equality, diversity, rights and responsibilities
- Contribute to the assessment of the individual’s needs and circumstances
- Enable and support children to participate in recreation and leisure activities.
- Develop and maintain personal knowledge and best practice
What experience / skills and or education do I need to apply for this role?
Experience of .....
- working with individual young people or groups
- Contributing to the development, implementation and review of specific programmes
- Protecting children from abuse and evaluating the risk of abuse to self or others
Knowledge & Understanding of....
- Legislation, policy and practice
- Child development, family dynamics and relationships
- Rights and responsibilities and how to develop structures to support them
Qualifications or Training...
- QCF/NVQ Level 3 - Working with Children and Young People· Working towards QCF 5 Leadership and Management
Practical Skills & Personal Qualities...
- Ability to effectively engage young people and their families
- Effective decision making
- Commitment to the development of residential care and your own knowledge
- Participate in recreational activities including holidays and school visits (as required)
- Manage personal stress levels effectively·Integrity·Resilience·Flexibility·
- Relate well to children and young people including those from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds
- Be a positive role model with the ability to motivate and lead staff and colleagues
Why not click 'apply’ today?
For awareness all of the above will be assessed through both Application Form and Formal Interview. This post is subject to a Criminal Records Bureau Enhanced Disclosure check