Employee Communications Manager (FTC)
My client, a UK insurance company, is looking for an Employee Communications Manager on an initial six month contract.
This is a stand-alone role reporting into the Senior HR Business Partner, with a dotted line to the CEO of the specific business division. The successful candidate will have the autonomy to make the role their own by building strong stakeholder relationships with senior leaders across the business. They will be an expert in employee engagement and have experience using digital channels to share interesting content across a large, matrix organisation.
My client is also looking for a strong writer with the ability to adapt their tone of voice to work to the company brand guidelines when creating all internal communications. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-known business in the financial services industry and play a key part in bringing the employee experience to life.
- The role will involve using digital and face-to-face channels to capture, create and deliver great content
- Develop and manage the implementation of the internal communications strategy and plan, including full channel management, content, metrics and insight; developing employee’s understanding and awareness of where the business is going and how it’s going to get there
- Plan, co-ordinate and support the engagement initiatives across the business division, linking in with business area leads to support their ongoing engagement approach whilst identifying and driving improvement activity
- Proactively build excellent stakeholder relations and an effective internal network to seek out internal news, business updates and success stories. Lead and manage assigned projects as required
- Manage the communication to all Birmingham employees; helping to drive wellbeing, engagement and site specific initiatives
- Manage the intranet site and all other appropriate channels (including our face-to-face channels such as Leadership briefings), to inform, educate and engage employees
Key skills and experience:
- Broad understanding of different media, audiences and their needs for effective communications
- Ability to adapt communication styles to suit the audience and messaging
- Experience of delivering multi-channel communications within a multi-site environment, to inform, engage and inspire
- Experience of developing and delivering engagement strategies which link into the divisional strategic objectives
- Experience in managing complex communications programmes including: large-scale events, and internal communications/campaigns
- Excellent project planning and time management
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to interpret complex information
- Excellent attention to detail.
Please note: the pro rata salary range for this position is £30,000 - £40,000 depending on experience.
To send your CV please click on 'apply for this position’ below and send through your details. We look forward to hearing from you.
VMAGROUP is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.