Alan Browne Gauges is a long established small engineering company specialising in gauge block production, calibration and precision flat lapping. Our customers come from a variety of industries including defence, aerospace, automotive and metrology industries. We operate in the worldwide market as both a manufacturer and as a UKAS accredited calibration laboratory for gauge blocks.
We are looking for a reliable and self-motivated general engineer. An aptitude for working in a mechanical/manufacturing environment is required. Some engineering experience would be useful but not essential as full training in calibration, manufacture of gauge blocks and precision machining will be given.
- able to use own initiative & work without supervision,
- honest and reliable
- able to work as part of a small team.
- willing to learn
- have a flexible and adaptable attitude as the role and duties are varied
- good interpersonal skills
- analytical and problem solving skills
- decision making skills
- effective verbal and listening communications skills
- attention to detail and high level of accuracy are essential.
Working hours 8.30 am - 4.30 pm. (30 minute lunch breaks) 37.5 hrs per week
Salary GBP16,000 -GBP19,000 depending on experience
Holidays : 25 days a year plus 8 statutory days a year