Quality Assurance Manager
Hours: Sunday - Thursday Location: Warwickshire
This business is a specialised food supplier within the UK who works closely with leading supermarkets such as Lidl, Asda, Morrison's, Aldi with a commitment to quality, innovation and sustainability. Right now the company are expanding and need to recruit and a Quality Assurance Manager.. The QA Manager is responsible for the day to day functioning of the QC team along with training and development of individual and new team members. Overall responsibility for the QMS of the site ensuring that due diligence and business protection remains paramount.
Why should you work for this client?
- Stability - Cash rich business, full order book for 2017
- Career development -Lots of internal career progression with a good structure for promotions/pay increases.
- Company vision: highly regarded within their industry as a growing business with brilliant environmental ethics.
What you will be doing....
- To ensure that Quality Manual and Good Manufacturing Practice is maintained.
- To be responsible for maintaining and improvement of BRC, TFMS, HACCP and Operational Hygiene and Safety practices inconjunction with TM at both sites.
- To implement Positive Release Systems from the Pack House, To lead the team using excellent communication techniques and team meetings.
- To assess methods of Positive Release to continuously improve output & cost reduction.
- To measure and record all operation K.P.Is onto the business data capture system, Ensure all practices are conducted within the business technical parameters, and produce high quality reports.
- To achieve an in depth knowledge of the characteristics of all products handled and how quality varies according to season, variety and origin.
The type of person this business requires is as follows???
- Educated to QCF level 5 - 6l in a Food Science, Horticulture or Agricultural Based Discipline
- Experience in a production environment or agricultural/ Growing environment
- At least two years of practical experience of supervisory or management responsibility.
- Experience of a FMCG environment is essential.
- Experience of building, maintaining and managing HACCP systems.
Maloy & Flynn Recruitment is an equal opportunities employment consultancy for both temporary and permanent positions in Sales and Marketing, Engineering, Construction, Head Office Support, Administration, Apprenticeships, Customer Services and Call Centre.
Please refer to our website and contact Jonny Gardner