Our Worcester branch team has vacancies for well trained Care Assistants(HCA) with at least 3 months experience to work in a variety of care settings including nursing and care homes in Worcester and the surrounding areas.
We are seeking individuals to fill permanent positions within our company - bringing the Newcross standard of care to local establishments. You could be working in a variety of homes local to your area; a willingness to travel between clients is essential.
Unlike an agency care job, you will benefit from a flexible working routine yet with all the benefits of a permanent job; including guaranteed hours, a permanent contract, and a local branch manager.
We have shifts available in the following locations:
- And a variety of other local towns surrounding Worcester
You will be responsible for providing the highest level of care for our elderly clients. It is highly desirable that you have previous experience working with dementia / Alzheimers. You will champion the needs of those in your care, tailoring your approach to each individual and providing care in line with their unique care plan.
It is essential that you are confident in your ability to work in a calm, reassuring manner, putting the service users at the center of all you do. This could include a range of tasks and activities such as personal care, domestic tasks and general activities that allow that individual to live their life in the way they choose.Requirements:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care highly preferable
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months.
- Salary of up to GBP12.69/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Free uniform & training through credits earned as you work
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Local line manager and branch support based in Worcester
- Recommend a friend scheme, paying up to GBP500 per successful referral
Treating our staff well is at the centre of what we do. At Newcross we are not an agency, we hire permanent staff and with over 200 training courses on offer, we help them grow and develop alongside us. It's important to us to provide stability to our healthcare staff, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our staff have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income.Flexible, Guaranteed Hours
It is important for us to provide stability to our people and all of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income.
To ensure you are able to meet you guaranteed hours, you will need to be willing to travel to a variety of local clients.Your Team
You'll find your local branch team at 9-10 The Tything in Worcester city centre. Just up the road from Worcester Foregate Street train station, and along the A38, we are easily accessible via most modes of transport, and welcome you dropping in to say hi!Click the Apply Now button to being your application.
You will need to have the right to live and work in the UK and previous professional care experience in a UK environment to apply for this vacancy.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.