37 hours a week, term-time only (38 weeks)
GBP20,749 to 25,645 pro-rata (actual salary GBP17,796 to GBP21,995)
Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 Newcastle-under-Lyme College merged with Stafford College to form the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our expanding catering department at Stafford College. Working in the curriculum restaurant you will be responsible to ensure the highest culinary standards are achieved and consistently delivered in the outlets with the support of the Curriculum Leader and Management support team. The assessment and training on a range of NVQs Apprenticeships and bespoke training and the associated administrative responsibilities
To be successful, you will have previous experience of working in a Hospitality setting to ensure that the highest standards of culinary art are achieved and maintained in our Riverbank restaurant, developing our learners to meet and surpass their expectations, managing their learning through careful planning, delivery and evaluation of the practical experience.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support the Curriculum Manager in adhering to all legal requirements i.e. managing bar and payment points etc.
- To work alongside the support team to build and develop our client base and bookings system to ensure maximum capacity of the restaurant is achieved
- To support the planning of menus and costings to fall in line with College Policy and procedures and qualification specifications
- To prepare, deliver and assess the vocational training offered in the commercial outlets in the College
Required Skills and Experience:
- Possesses as a minimum, an Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate.
- Hold appropriate qualifications to level 3 along with experience in the hospitality industry.
- Are an effective communicator, able to deal successfully with all levels of management, beneficiaries, tutors and employers.
- Is energetic, enthusiastic and well-motivated towards providing excellent food and customer service
What's in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
How to apply
To apply for the role of Restaurant Manager, please click on 'Apply' and complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 17 th September 2017.