DESIGN and DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER (ELECTRICAL BIAS)
DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
Legrand Electric Limited is a manufacturing Company, employing over 35,000 staff worldwide, who are global specialists in electrical and digital building infrastructures.
A position has arisen for a Design and Development Engineer, who will be based at the West Bromwich site (Midlands).
• To research, design & develop and validate new products and cost improvement of current designs.
• Specify and develop the next generation of power, cable management and wiring device products by taking account of marketing requirements to produce functional products of new or improved design to comply with the latest National and International standards.
• To produce the technical files as required by the low voltage directive for power, cable management & wiring device products.
• Follow design & development procedures as required by ISO9001 and Legrand’s ECO design policy.
• To manage type testing, test records and safety.
• To provide Purchasing department with technical details for the purchase of parts from external suppliers.
• To liaise with marketing / publicity to check the technical content of catalogues and
• Provide support to the technical support department on electrical or mechanical matters relating to company products.
• Suitably experienced in the use of 2D and 3D CAD.
Job Competencies/Key Skills:
• Educated to Degree/HND level in an electrical engineering discipline.
• Membership of the IET is preferred.
• Have a working knowledge of UK Wiring Regulations, associated national and
• Have knowledge of Wiring Devices and Power Distribution Products.
• Be competent in the use of AUTOCAD/INVENTOR and 3-D Modelling systems.
• Previous electrical design / testing work in low voltage cable management, power
distribution or wiring device product manufacturing environment.
• Have good IT skills (spreadsheets, engineering databases, presentation tools).
• Be able to communicate well at all levels inside and outside the company.
• Be able to travel within and outside the UK, and work away from base location
Excellent benefits package offered, including, but not limited to:
- Company Pension scheme
- Company car
- 25 days holiday
- Life Assurance cover
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience
Working hours: 40 hours per week, 8:00am - 4:30pm (Monday - Friday)
Written applications (covering letter and CV) to:
Baljit Kaur, HR Advisor, Great King Street North, Birmingham, West Midlands, B19 2LF
Apply for DESIGN and DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER (ELECTRICAL BIAS)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly