IT Support Engineer
A small family run customer centric MSP is seeking a talented IT Support Engineer to provide 1st class support to their SME customer base across the Midlands. You will be working as a lead figure in a small team and get to work with a wide range of customers covering desktop/server/network and VoIP systems.
The role is predominantly office based with travel to customer sites around the Midlands for hardware/network issues or when projects arise such as office moves.
You will be providing 2nd and 3rd line support to the other engineers and to customers, ensuring their VoIP systems and servers are working as they should, and looking to solve problems before they occur.
* Working with Windows Servers and Active Directory based domain networks
* Working with networks and routers, VPNs, load balancing, QOS
* Working with VOIP systems, ideally an Asterisk based system
* Working with Linux servers and OpenVPN
* Working on customer sites
* Installing new equipment and server setups on-site, migrations etc
* Working with Exchange Server
* Working with Office 365
* WiFi systems
* Some programming knowledge / experience of PHP and MySQL would be desirable
In return you will receive a basic salary in the region of GBP28,000 - GBP30,000 with a flexible working environment. This role would suit a technically strong individual who understands the importance of exceptional customer service.
MARS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other protected status. Suitable candidates for the role will be contacted within 3 working days, unfortunately if you haven't heard back in this time your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
MARS Recruitment is a specialist Engineering & IT recruiter working in partnership with companies across the UK and offers services of both an Employment Business (for Temporary/Contract roles) and an Employment Agency (for Permanent roles).