Job Title: Broking Manager
Job Sector: General Insurance
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000
Job Reference: IM/J019138
A well-established and award winning Insurance Broker have ambitious plans to expand and grow their business, building on their already enviable reputation. As a result an exciting opportunity has arisen to join their expert team in the role of Broking Manager.
- Managing the commercial and property broking departments, ensuring they run efficiently and profitably.
- Monitoring of the various systems in place and providing a comprehensive broking service to existing customers and assist with securing potential new customers.
- The ideal candidate will have a broking background and have some level of management experience.
- Be responsible for achievement of all sales forecasts, renewal retention and growth plans, programmes and budgets in conjunction with the other departments of the business.
- Monitor performance against objectives, forecasts, plans, targets and budgets and provide regular feedback to the Senior Management Team in this respect.
- Monitor and be responsible for the ongoing performance of staff in line with training and development plans, objectives and targets set.
- Maintain appropriate, regular contact with existing customers, to ensure their insurance requirements continue to be met.
- Work closely within the internal function of the business, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Identify, recommend and agree corrective action with the Senior Management Team, as appropriate, where deviations in performance below plan occurs, or where other problems arise affecting sales or customer satisfaction.
- Promote and maintain a high Company image of professionalism, competence and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure customers’ credit is within agreed Company limits at all times, and assist Accounts Department with securing payment of invoices outstanding beyond normal terms and periods of payment.
- Assist the Compliance Officer/Senior Management Team to design, develop, deliver maintain the compliance programme across your department to meet operational and business needs, meeting the required standards of Company Policy and Procedures, FCA standards and industry best practice.
Key Skills/Experience Required:
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Good understanding of compliance.
- Knowledge of the insurance industry and good technical knowledge of commercial insurance broking.
- Knowledge of Property Owner’s Insurance market would be desirable.
- Qualification requirement: Minimum Cert CII. Dip CII desirable but not essential.
- £30,000 - £40,000 dependent upon experience
- Excellent Benefits package
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 72 hours of receiving your application.
Due to the overwhelming Application response we receive through various sources should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.