Senior Quality Manager
To lead and manage the strategic and operational performance of the Quality department, ensuring the successful delivery of business strategy, Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and objectives, whilst adhering to regulatory compliance and achieving commercial success. The Senior Quality Manager, will be responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective running of all aspects of Quality management, planning, forecasting and reporting for the company
Senior Quality Manager
• Serve as a member of the company’s senior management team and participate in developing the company’s business strategies and programs. Issuing reports and setting objectives.
• Developing and implementing the Quality department’s strategy, to ensure it meets the business requirements and customer deliverables, as well as ensuring the departmental performance against goals
• Set and operate local Quality SOP’s and frameworks in line with group strategy and business needs.
• Provide leadership to the Quality Assurance and Quality Control departments; developing, setting goals and monitoring the progress and performance of the team.
• Acting as the main point of contact on all Quality matters, internally and externally.
• Maintaining and improving departmental operational performance, to meet the requirements of regulatory authorities, company standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and external and internal customers, with respect to quality, service, lead time and cost.
• Ensuring the development of departmental SOP’s (writing, revising and approving) ensuring regulatory compliance in conjunction with being 'fit for purpose’ operationally and commercially.
• Ensuring that all activities are performed in accordance with company SOP’s and H&S policies.
• Ensuring that there is an audit programme in place which is communicated throughout the business.
• Ensuring that the supplier and subcontractor audits are performed and reported as scheduled
• Managing all validation activities, including validation strategy and approval of protocols and reports.
• Maintaining an awareness of new and proposed legislation that impacts the business and communicating and changes to the Management Team.
• Ensuring the availability of adequate competent resource to carry out the review and approval of documentation in accordance with company and customers’ requirements.
• Preparing, reviewing and approving Quality Agreements.
• Ensuring appropriate investigation of discrepancies, errors, complaints, failures or ad-verse events requiring documented review and action (if necessary, interrupting pro-cesses causing material to be quarantined or placed on hold until matters are resolved).
• Leading customer and regulatory audits / inspections, as required.
• Ensuring the Quality department meets or improves on budget, cost, volume and efficiency targets (KPI’s) in line with business objectives.
• Responsible for all quality resource planning.
• Identifying and developing the Quality team structure.
• Providing direction and guidance to the Quality teams.
• Managing, motivating, coaching and mentoring direct reports, to higher levels of management capability.
• Ensuring good relations and communications with all members if the team and responding appropriately in a timely fashion to both internal and external customers.
• Performing other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
Qualifications and Experience
• Proven record of success in Quality with strong understanding and exposure to operations, engineering, distribution and supply chain.
• Graduate or equivalent qualification with a strong engineering/manufacturing background.
• Relevant Quality professional qualifications.
• Experience of working within a results driven environment with skills in managing both core process and bringing a creative and innovative approach.
• Experience of operating within a global manufacturing/ technology business and a balance of working both strategically and operationally.
• Broad based technical and business knowledge of the Nuclear/Defence industry is desirable.
• Successful management experience in similar organisation. Proven track record of change leadership and of delivering results and improved performance combined with the ability to inspire and manage development activity through strong influencing ability.
• Experience in a metrics focused environment including weekly and monthly quarterly reporting and analysis.
• Knowledge of Defence standards and accreditations is desirable.
• Experience of working with and implementing Lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
• Strong computer literate skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Senior Quality Manager
• Strong drive for results, confident, motivated and tenacious
• Collaborative and a good team worker
• Can-Do, Will-Do attitude
• Excellent attention to detail
• Proven communicator - written and oral
• Excellent interpersonal and people management qualities
• Strong influencing and persuasion skills
• Acts with integrity
• Strong ability to demonstrate strategic thinking and problem solving, a driver of continuous improvement.
• Good business acumen, ability to interpret business data and make well informed sound business decisions.
• Able to keep the customers’ interests front of mind, creating strong and in-depth relationships.