Digital Product Owner
Incredible brand new opportunity to become my clients new Digital Product Owner. They are about to start a really exciting new project and this is the perfect time to join them and get involved.
During 2017 they are expanding the in-house development team, to coincide with this they have an ambitious product roadmap in place.
I am looking for a Digital Product Owner to join their team who will be a clear thinker with vision, passion, energy, attention to detail, and drive to manage and improve their products. You will combine deep customer understanding, with the ability to make commercially sound decisions.
You will be collaborative and agile, clear in communication and honest, you will be a team player capable of working across both stakeholders within the business and with our technical teams.
Role and Responsibilities:
To succeed in this role as the Digital Product Owner, you will be able to demonstrate:
• Product delivery skills - working alongside internal IT teams to deliver consumer facing digital projects and enhancements
• UX skills - you have experience of conducting research to validate roadmap and design decisions, it’s a plus if you have experience generating wireframes or using prototyping tools
• CX skills - you will live and breathe the customer experience, and possess a detailed understanding of the end to end user journey and how critical functionality links together
What can you expect the main areas of your role as Digital Product Owner to be?
• Support the development and delivery of the overall product strategy and roadmap
• Capturing project requirements from internal stakeholders and customers, and articulating product requirements to the IT project team
• You will be the voice of the business and customer during project development
• Champion the product vision, engaging and garnering a passion for the product from the team
• Product owner/authority during the development and delivery of new product features and projects - comfortable and confident making fast paced decisions that are aligned with commercial and customer requirements
• Create and maintain a Product Backlog to facilitate the product vision and support the overall business strategy, encompassing both product specific and cross product initiatives
• Integrate user research and data analysis into new product requirements, building an experience that customers will love. Set and own various metrics related to your area and monitor the impact of new releases
• Communicate the product vision, concepts and ideas to the development team, providing context and the 'why’ to upcoming features.
• Work with the product team, key stakeholders and other areas of the business to understand important problems facing our customers, exploring ideas to address them
• Attending the relevant ceremonies and ensuring availability for the product team day-to-day to answer questions, address any blockers and provision of product guidance
• Be the voice of the customers, and build strong relationships with key stakeholders in order to effectively represent their needs
• Work with the stakeholders and product team to agree candidates for release, communicating plans and progress to the business
• Contribute to the broader product culture: promoting an agile mind-set and a lean approach
Experience and Skills:
What experience might you have to have behind you to be the Digital Product Owner?
• Minimum 1 years’ experience working in product development, in a similarly fast paced and growing business - this could be your first role as a Product Owner, or you may have a years’ experience under your belt
• You will possess a combination of Product, UX and CX skills
• Experience within e-commerce or transportation businesses
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to explain and educate customers (internal and external) on product changes
• Detailed and broad experience in managing multiple senior stakeholders
• Support the development team, adhering to Kanban principles
• Experience in release planning and management
• Must be flexible and adaptable to change
• Passionate about solving problems for our customers
• Experienced in commissioning and generating customer insights using a wide range of methodologies