A world leading, automotive manufacturer is looking for a talented and experienced HGV / PDI / Fleet Vehicle Technician to work on prestige and high valued motor vehicles. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast growing global company that offers candidates fantastic development opportunities and an exciting product set to work on. Every day is different and the range of vehicles that you work on will give you the opportunity to use your skills and talents to ensure that the work is delivered to the highest of standards.
This role is offered with an immediate start and on an ongoing-contract basis with long term, opportunities for the right candidate.
You will be working in a state of the art workshop environment, within a large manufacturing facility undertaking reworks and rectification of heavy off-road vehicles ( HGV ) used for customer experience events and PDI’s on company fleet vehicles.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pre-delivery inspections ( PDI ) on company fleet vehicles
- Fitment of accessories, side steps etc
- Carrying out whole vehicle mechanical maintenance and rectification
- Carrying out electrical fault diagnostics and rectification
- Repair or replacement of major and minor units
- Carrying out vehicle fault diagnostics
- Repairing and replacement of interior trim
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- City and Guilds or NVQ Level 1 & 2 (and ideally level 3) in motor vehicle repair (light or heavy)
- Knowledge and practical understanding of H&S, C.O.S.H and environmental procedures
- Flexible attitude towards working hours as overtime may be required
- Over the age of 25 for insurance purposes
- FULL UK DRIVING LICENCE REQUIRED (6 points maximum)
WORKING HOURS: 37 hours per week
Monday to Thursday 7.15am-3.45pm, Friday 6.45am-11.45am
Please Note: The pay rates stated above are made up of three elements, Hourly pay rate, Holiday pay and Apex Recruitment’s contribution to the payroll administrator’s fee