Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for a Accountancy Officer for a Public Sector organisation, as the Accountancy Officer you will be required to provide financial advice and support to budget managers in connection with the monitoring and control of budgets.
Key responsibilities of the Accountancy Officer
- Assisting in the monitoring of the Specialist Services budgets
- Reconciliation of government grants
- Implementing accounting entries throughout the year and at year end
- Assisting in budget preparation, budget monitoring and closedown of relevant budgets
- Assisting external and internal audit as required
- Assisting in the completion of government and statistical returns on behalf of the schools or the authority
The successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Relevant accounting and budgeting monitoring experience
- Experience in closure of the annual accounts.
- Experience of working with IT systems including using advanced and complex formulas in EXCEL
- Supporting non-financial staff on financial issues.
- AAT qualified , full professional membership (current) or equivalent
- Good Interpersonal skilling incorporating sensitivity and diplomacy, maturity of judgement
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to work with a high degree of accuracy with meticulous attention to detail
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Accountancy Officer role, please apply now, or contact Tia Billinger at Sellick Partnership.
Disclaimer: Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.