HR Manager, Telford
Your new company
My client are a global manufacturer with multiple UK locations and a wide ranging product base. Following sustained growth which is planned to continue for the medium term there is an opportunity for a driven and talented individual to manage the HR Function at their Telford Head Office.
Your new role
Reporting to the CFO you will effectively manage the entire HR function, prepare Monthly reports to the Board on all HR matters, including payroll costings and to Lead Health & Safety in the UK.
You will be an experienced HR manager with a wide range of experience across all disciplines of a HR function (experience of overseas entities would be preferable but not essential). You will have a strong track record in managing teams, good organisational skills, be able to prepare and deliver training and able liaise with solicitors.
Key Responsibilities include
- Update/write and initiate all existing Policies and Procedures and prepare new ones as legislation dictates.
- Write and maintain terms of business with staff at all levels.
- Recruitment across all disciplines
- Training and personal development for all members of staff
- Maintenance of personnel files both on-line and manual
- Monthly meetings with payroll to assist with new starters and leavers, promotions, pay rises and any other changes to employee details.
- To re-write all job descriptions and maintain file as staff leave and new staff come into each department
- Absence management
- Disciplinary and Dismissal management
- Performance Management
- Appraisals across all departments
- Managing grievances
- Liaising with management and advising on Staff holidays
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance (liaise with insurers, solicitors, limit damage claims etc.)
- Manage any TUPE transfers
- Negotiate with private health insurance, life insurance, pension providers, You At Work; Insurance organisations and recruitment agencies to ensure best price/service/terms
- Advise and assist with salary reviews
- Job evaluation
What you'll need to succeed
You will ideally be fully CIPD qualified with extensive HR Management experienced gained in a manufacturing or closely related industry sector. You will have the ability to work within a fast paced, high growth company with a wide range of experience across a HR function and H & S function with a proven track record in developing work practices and employee performance
As HR Manager you will need strong relationships building expertise at all level in the organisation and be able to provide commercial HR advise and support to fit with the business needs.
What you'll get in return
My client are offering a salary of c£40,000-£45,000 plus benefits for this position.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.