Risk Assurance - Midlands - Controls Assurance - Senior Manager
About the team
Are you an experienced risk assurance professional interested in working with a diverse and exciting client group in one of the fastest growing teams in Assurance?
We've exciting opportunities within our Midlands Assurance team for senior managers to join the Controls Assurance team. In joining us you'll be part of a unique client proposition, helping our clients understand and challenge their risk profile and the extent to which their company’s processes, people and systems help or hinder their business strategy to generate value.
You'll need well developed skills within a wide range of disciplines including a strong background in accounting/audit combined with process and controls frameworks and an excellent understanding of risk and governance.
You should be capable of applying these core skills in a variety of business situations to maximise the client value and impact over Controls Assurance engagements spanning controls, risk and governance.
The Midlands Practice consists of 3 networked offices in Birmingham, the East Midlands (located next to East Midlands Airport) and Milton Keynes. The role can be based in our East Midlands, Birmingham or Milton Keynes office to suit you and will require some travel to cover the Midlands region, and potentially to support national regions.
We take pride in helping clients to identify, measure and manage their risk profile more effectively. Our specialists offer knowledge and expertise, which extends to clients’ internal controls (including IT systems), technology, non-financial reporting, corporate sustainability and regulatory compliance.
In addition to supporting the external financial audit, we also provide a variety of internal audit and advisory services. Our capabilities support a wide range of businesses and industry sectors, on each and every project we undertake the advice and assurance we deliver is tailored and focused on the individual needs of that client.
About the role
In this role you’ll be:
- Working with a range of clients managing and delivering complex engagements spanning all aspects of controls, governance and risk.
- Providing insight to clients related to the integrity of the control environment, the efficiency of processes and the insightfulness of management information.
- Leading and developing your teams through engagements with our clients, building the broader skills of the team through effective coaching.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships both internally within the PwC network and externally with senior client management teams on ongoing engagements
- Taking a proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions.
- On-going development of in depth industry experience and process expertise.
Who we're looking for
We're looking for extremely motivated individuals who will relish the opportunity to work in a growing team with significant possibilities to progress within the firm. The following skills are required for this role:
- Process and controls experience including planning, delivering and reviewing a diverse range of engagements and reviews
- Understanding of Internal Control Frameworks e.g. COSO and end to end processes
- Experience in evaluating and performing risk assessments at a task and organisation level
- Understanding of accounting and ability to integrate effectively systems and controls findings to the audit approach
- Strong team working skills and experienced in developing junior staff
- Awareness of common project governance methodologies and the risks of project based delivery
- Strong project management, analytical skills and organisational abilities
- A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions whilst demonstrating integrity and courage to challenge the status quo
- Well-developed listening and questioning techniques
- Strong desire for personal continuous improvement
- Awareness of current/emerging market trends and issues
- Following formal methodologies and applying risk and quality standards
- Technically strong & numerate with a commercial focus on engagements
- Excellent verbal skills and report writing capability
- Able to work without the need for day to day direct management
- Good at networking and building relationships
- Knowledge or experience in the testing of automated system controls within an ERP system would be preferable
- Knowledge of the controls requirements under the Sarbanes Oxley legislation would be preferable.
- Accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA)
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It’s work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
To apply please visit our website via the button below.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.