Technical Support Engineer - vehicle technician
The RAC is one of the UKs most progressive motoring organisations, providing a diverse range of services to over 8 million personal and business customers, and generating revenues of GBP500m.
The role of Technical Support Engineer is key to ensuring we continue to deliver a great service to our members by you providing first class technical support to all areas of the business on all matters pertaining to automotive engineering topics.
- Work to ensure we continue to increase the roadside patrol repair rate through giving expert technical advice when required
- Increasing patrol efficiency through providing dynamic diagnostic support leading to a quicker conclusion
- Phone Fix - Helping customers to resolve simple issues over the phone without the need of a resource to attend
- Right Resource First Time (RRFT) - Ensuring that our customer receive the correct service in terms of the right resource in the first instance
- Supporting Deployers with real-time technical advice
- Gathering and sharing technical information in the aim to keep the RAC up to date with the current climate
Skills, Knowledge and qualifications:
The successful applicant will possess:
- High level of motor vehicle diagnosis and repair experience including the use and understanding of workshop diagnostic equipment
- Methodical diagnostic and problem solving thought process
- The ability to communicate effectively with both colleagues and customers in sometimes high pressure situations to reach a positive outcome
- Good level of computer literacy
- Minimum NVQ level 3 motor vehicle engineering
- Preferred master/diagnostic technician qualification
Come and join us on the journey.