Apprentice - Volunteering Team Assistant
Mencap has plans to employ lots more people with a Learning Disability over the next few years and our apprenticeship programme is part of this plan.
Do you have a learning disability and want to become an apprentice?
Do you want to receive excellent training to develop your skills whilst you are working and being paid?
Do you want to improve your skills in English and maths?
Do you want to work with our Volunteering Team, and deal with enquiries from people who want to volunteer with Mencap?
It is important to make sure that an apprenticeship is right for you so we would need to talk to you and look at some of the skills you have already around work, travelling, English and maths. If we think that you would make a good apprentice we would be able to support you to make this a success.
So what would being an apprentice mean to you?
- You will work for 18 hours a week
- You will spend part of this time being trained, off the job
- You will be supported by a job coach to help you do the job
- You will be supported to travel to and from work to begin with, if you need this
- You will be supported to improve your skills in English and maths
- You will work in an office with other people and do jobs such as answering the phone, replying to emails, inputting data etc
- You will be paid GBP5.30 per hour, even when you are being trained
If you think that this is the right job for you or if you would like to find out more you can talk to us on the telephone or send us an e mail. If you would like an easy read application please click the pink additional detail tab to download this.
This post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, Part 1.
Vacancy ID 9685