Job Title: Purchasing Assistant (Junior Buyer)
Salary: GBP23,000 - GBP25,000 DOE
Our client is a reputable and well established manufacturing business based in Coventry. They are a global market leader within their field, who due to impressive growth are looking to acquire the services of a confident and experienced Purchasing Assistant in to the Administration team. This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and organised individual offering genuine career progression.
- Having sound knowledge of, and working closely with MRP/MPS and stock control functions
- Creation and maintenance of works orders
- Updating and maintenance of Bills of Materials
- Ensuring all levels of the BOM structure are accurate
- Monitoring any stock shortage issues and producing reports on findings
- Preparing and processing of purchase requisitions and orders in accordance with company procedures
- Working with the companies Preferred Supplier List - sourcing new potential suppliers where necessary
- Effectively negotiating supplier costs, delivery and payment terms etc.
- Producing a selection of quotations to Senior Buyer for sign off
- Liaising daily with external suppliers, internal departments and production teams
Key Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience within a Purchasing role is essential
- Experience within a manufacturing/engineering environment would be beneficial
- Computer literate including Microsoft packages such as Excel, Word and Outlook
- Previous experience with SAGE 50 or other similar manufacturing and accounts packages
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- The ability to multi task and prioritise one's own workload
- A team player with a positive, can-do attitude is crucial
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please submit an up-to-date CV, or if you'd prefer you can also call Melissa Podlaski for a discreet and confidential discussion about the role.