Injection Moulding Setter
Alexander Daniels is currently in partnership with an expanding business based in Telford to recruit for an Injection Moulding Setter. This is a pivotal position within our clients engineering team as the candidate will be responsible for the setting and operating of various machinery in their Injection Moulding Department.
- Ensure the Injection Moulding machines are set to the optimum conditions to produce quality components meeting client and customer requirements
- Execute colour, insert, printer and mould changes according to the production plan
- Perform quality and material tests (MFI) on a regular basis according to instructions
- Implement appropriate corrective action when operator reports quality issues
- Organise cover for breaks for and in co-operation with the Machine Operators
- Achieve low scrap rates, high productivity rates and minimal change over wastage
- Ensure detailed and correct documentation and recording is carried out
- Provide semi-finished products to the production lines
- Ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained on the shop floor and maintain the organisation of the semi-finished/finished product storage areas (yard)
- Ensure correct data records are input in the production sheets and highlight/report any discrepancies to the Shift Leader
- Ensure the correct loading/unloading of recycling material and new material deliveries
- Maintain in good working order the work uniform and PPE provided.
- Adhere to all Health & Safety rules and guidelines as notified.
- To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate experience in the setting injection moulding machinery, small to larger tonnage will be looked at.
- Have an understanding and experience of engineering drawings, quality standards and the use of inspection equipment,
- With previous experience in a manufacturing environment,
- You will have an awareness of quality / inspection and be flexible to work a variety of shift patterns as required,
You will have good business sense, an understanding of the impact of decisions made, and strong attention to detail.