A Quality Engineer is required by a leading international precision engineering business.
Reporting into the Quality Manager, you will be responsible for
- Managing customer complaint and returns
- Managing the company non-conformance databases
- Leading problem solving activities utilizing industry standard methodologies: 8Ds, 5 whys, 3C, DMAIC, Ishikawa fish bone diagrams, FMEAs etc.
- Conducting internal audits and support with customer, ISO and NADCAP audits
- Developing procedures in line with customer, ISO and NADCAP expectations
- Partaking in Material Review Board activities and assist in the resolution of product conformity issues
- Acting as a key customer focal point
You will have a degree or equivalent (HNC / HND) in Aerospace, Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing or other related field and have good experience of working in an Engineering or Quality Engineering role. You must be able to demonstrate experience of problem solving activities using methods such as 3C, 8D, DMAIC etc. and possess excellent drawing interpretation skills (GD&T). You will possess a positive attitude, an organised approach to your work and excellent communication skills. A Quality Auditing qualification would be advantageous as would a working knowledge of lean principles and any Six Sigma training (green or black belt).