Site Supervisor/Manager - East Midlands - GBP30,000 -GBP40,000
Position: Site Supervisor/Manager
Team /Department: Major Projects / Operations
Location: Office (TBA) / Project Based
Site Manager (Direct) and Project Manager Responsible for Contract (Indirect)
To carry out site supervision management on HV connections projects. To manage resources on site to
ensure quality of work is maintained and that technically compliant schemes are constructed safely
Main Purpose of role
Assisting with co-ordinating health and safety on site including conducting quality inspections. Supervising sub-contractors and labourers and ensuring all works are carried in accordance to the method statement and risk assessment Assist in managing the site to ensure the site, is organised, controlled and all activities are carried out to the required standard of safety with minimum risks to person, equipment, materials, the environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In liaison with the Site Manager / Project Manager, he / she is directly responsible, on a day to day basis, for the safety, quality and technical standard of work performed by all competent staff under his supervision
- Ensure that all customer contacts are handled courteously and professionally.
- Ensure that job completion targets are met and measure all works on a weekly basis.
- Ensure compliance with Company Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental Management System requirements for all work sites.
- Encourage a positive safety attitude and set the safety and environmental standards on site for all operations and activities.
- Carry out visual quality check of materials supplied direct to site, and report any non-conforming products to the project manager.
- Ensure weekly time sheets, and daily progress sheets are in on time.
Specific Responsibilities in Respect of Safety, Quality & Environmental
- Liaise with site Construction Managers and project managers regarding supervision of works, including monitoring resource levels.
- Ensure all site staff are clear on their reporting structure.
- Undertake random checks and ensure daily briefings are prepared and communicated.
- Carry out site inductions as required.
- Be the primary point of contact for other parties on site.
- Check completed risk assessments / method statements
- Carry out toolbox talks as required.
- Ensure company processes / procedures are implemented and followed on site
- Work to agreed methods of working and procedures
- Report any defects in tools and plant
- Report any accidents, injuries or dangerous occurrences
- Carry out safety, quality and environmental site audits of the works
- Ensure the site is kept tidy and clear of obstructions
- Maintain site health and safety notice boards ensuring all statutory notices are displayed
- Assist the Construction Manager and Project Manager to inspect completed works
- Responsible for the environment you work in, in accordance with the environmental policy and strategies of this company.
Accountability and Authority
• Accountable for all responsibilities and duties listed.
Minimum Qualifications and Training
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel.
- First Aid and Manual Handling Training
- Safety Passport
- CDM awareness
- Minimum 3 years' similar experience, supervising site construction activities, ideally with an electrical appreciation.