Global automotive engineering consultancy business is recruiting a Junior Buyer with procurement experience in automotive environments.
Reporting to the Purchase Manager, the Junior Buyer will be responsible for ensuring products / services are sourced in the most optimum manner in adherence with the group's sourcing strategy and prepare and implement sourcing strategies for key commodities.
Specific duties of the Junior Buyer include:
* Ensure supply contracts are negotiated in line with agreed sourcing and business strategies
* Conduct the appropriate tendering activities to provide the necessary information for management approval.
* Ensure costs are controlled within the bill of material targets.
* Management of the supplier's relationship to ensure adherence to quality cost and delivery targets
Junior Buyer applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Experience in automotive or engineering production purchasing environments.
* Experienced in prototype component purchasing and material management.
* PC literate and able to confidently use MS Office products.
* Experienced user of SAP business management systems
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.